Learning more about the aerosol spread of the virus has encouraged us to take many precautions such as:
- Classroom time and therapeutic groups conducted in outdoor ranchos and covered (but open-air) spaces.
- Social distance spacing at meal tables (in our open-air dining hall).
- Mask wearing by all staff at all times and students as well when in off campus situations.
- Outdoor recreation and cultural immersion will only be implemented in outdoor activities with proper social distancing.
- Campus modifications: More night-time lighting to allow for more time spent outdoors after dark, more fans for better ventilation, designating bathrooms to specific groups of people, and spreading out dorm placements in a way that provides ample personal air space but also does not leave students isolated or lonely.
We're excited to reopen and feel optimistic about all that Costa Rica and NSA has to offer during this stressful global pandemic.