| || |
What if you were guaranteed immense clarity and direction just from taking a simple year off of school to travel abroad? What if it could propel you way farther than jumping straight into college? Would you do it without hesitation?
Danny Recio, Director and Founder of The Bridge Gap Program, took a gap year in South Africa after high school. It was during his time there where he had a “coming of age” experience and found his calling in working with people. All because of his time abroad, Danny went on to start gap year programs - a therapeutic option called The Bridge (a therapeutic community for young men) and a more traditional coed gap program (Si! Gap Program) in Costa Rica, guiding them along their own coming of age experiences.
- What it was like growing up and going to school in Costa Rica
- Danny’s gap year in South Africa
- How impactful and helpful taking a gap year can be
- When Danny became interested in psychology
- Danny’s experience in college in Costa Rica vs the U.S.
- Danny’s insight on what can be really helpful for young adults as they navigate their identity and the world around them
- How The Bridge Gap Program came about
- Danny’s advice on goal setting
- Connect with Danny Recio at his Bridge email or his NSA email