The answer is that – if presented correctly – students’ experiences throughout wilderness and New Summit Academy can make applications stand out and show colleges that our students are more college-ready than many students who haven’t had their experiences.
Think about it. NSA seniors have:
- Faced and overcome challenges
- Developed an understanding of their learning styles and can advocate for their needs
- Lived away from home in a dorm with peers
- Cultivated significant international experience and multicultural skills
- Developed a resume like no other
Need some proof? Here are a few statistics from last year’s college application season:
- Percent of seniors applying to college who were accepted and enrolled: 100%
- Percent of total schools offering admission: 79%
- Acceptances to “Colleges That Change Lives”: 5
- Percent of students offered merit scholarships: 60%
- Average merit scholarship offered: $75,076.92
- Total amount of merit scholarships offered: $976,000.00
Loyola University Chicago, Lynn University, Juniata College, Christopher Newport University, Quest University, University of Oregon, University of Denver, and Lehigh University.
This year’s seniors are in the middle of their application process, so wish them luck!